2020 - 2021 Selection Process
The application for the Resident Assistant (RA) and Conference Assistant (CA) 2020- 2021 selection process will be available on Tuesday, December 3, 2019 and is due on Friday, January 17, 2020 by 11:59 PM.
For questions regarding the following positions, please contact Housing and Residence Life office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for positions as Resident Assistant or Summer Conference Assistant will go through the Residence Life selection process, which includes 3 main parts:
- 1st Round: Group process interviews
- 2nd Round: Individual Interviews
For more information about the process, we highly recommend attending one optional information session, which will discuss the position responsibilities, selection criteria, and the interview process. Information Sessions will take place on the following dates in Location:
- Monday, December 9th, 12PM - 1 PM DAL 1 Room 102
- Tuesday, December 10th, 12PM - 1 PM DAL 1 Room 102
- Tuesday, January 14th, 4PM - 5 PM DAL 1 Room 262
Key dates in the Residence Life selection process include:
- Tuesday, December 3rd: Application Opens Online
- Friday, January 17th: Application Due at 11:59 PM
- Week of January 20th: Required Group Interview, Times will be emailed
- Week of January 27th: Individual Interviews, Times will be emailed
- February 10th - February 19th: Final Notifications Sent Candidates’ UNT Dallas email
- Monday, February 24th: Candidate Acceptance materials due to Housing by 4:00 PM
Application and References
The application is the first step in the process of becoming a student staff member, and includes biographic information, a resume, short answer questions, and references.
A professional resume, in PDF form, is required as a part of the application. The Career Center offers guidance on resume writing, as well as individual appointments. We recommend that you utilize their support to create a professional resume.
Short Answer Questions should be well-written and thoughtfully considered.
Two Professional References will be asked for, including:
- Current or former UNT Dallas faculty or staff member
- Professional- former or current supervisor
- Additional optional Reference (Student Leader or Professional)
We encourage you to contact your references in advance to ask them if they are willing to be listed, to share what positions you are applying for, and to notify them that they will receive an email upon submission of your application.
Group Interview Process
Once the completed application has been received, candidates will be invited to the First round Interviews (Group Process). All candidates will be emailed a day and time and location.
Activities will provide opportunities for you to share the unique talents, skills, and abilities that you might bring to the student staff role. We encourage you to be your authentic self.
Dress code for group process is business casual. Wear something that is comfortable and makes you feel your best. Activities may include movement and group work, so please plan accordingly.
Candidates will be invited to the Second round: Individual Interviews if they are accepted after the Group Process.