Move In Day
Move In Day is Saturday, August 24, 2019 beginning at 8:30am. Students will be assigned a specific time to move in, instructions will be emailed to each student.
Prepare for Move-In
What should I bring?
As you prepare your transition to University of North Texas at Dallas, the Housing Office encourages you to consider the two lists of items listed below!
ITEMS TO BRING TO UNT DALLAS
Proof of Renter's Insurance!
LINENS - All students will need to provide their own sheets, a blanket or comforter, and a pillow. All of the mattresses are extra-long twin and require extra-long twin sheets.
TOWELS & TOILETRIES - Along with a bath towel students should also plan to bring a shower caddy to carry items to and from the bathroom.
TELEVISION - Students should communicate with their roommate (if applicable) before purchasing or deciding to bring a television to campus. Each residence hall room is equipped with one cable television jack.
CONVENIENCE APPLIANCES - Various appliances such as small microwave ovens, mini-refrigerators (up to 4 cubic feet), coffee pots, and hot pots without exposed coils are all permitted within the residence hall at UNT Dallas. Appliances should not exceed 1000 Watts. Personal computers are permitted.
EMERGENCY SUPPLIES - The Housing Office encourages students to consider keeping items such as a flashlight, batteries, and any other personal emergency supplies in their room. Additionally, it is suggested that students keep and maintain a minimum 3 day supply of medications, water, and non-perishable items for any specific dietary needs.
MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS - Additional items that should be considered include: an alarm clock, a study lamp, an iron, and a laundry bag. If you plan to bring a bicycle, also plan to bring a heavy-duty bicycle lock to lock your bicycle outside.
ROOM DECOR - Although students are permitted to add simple furnishings to their rooms, students are not allowed to remove university issued furniture or permanently alter rooms. The painting of rooms is never allowed. However, you may hang posters and similar materials on the walls but make sure to use a hanging method that does not cause permanent damage to the walls. Textile materials such as sheets, nets, or other large pieces of fabric may not be hung from walls or ceilings for fire-safety reasons. Plants, posters, and pictures are all excellent means by which to personalize your room.
ITEMS TO LEAVE AT HOME
COOKING & HEATING APPLIANCES - Due to health and safety concerns and energy demands, sunlamps, halogen lamps, crock pots, toaster ovens, hot plates, space heaters, and other appliances with exposed heating units are not permitted in the residence hall. Furthermore, fire regulations do not permit flammable liquids, such as chemicals, gasoline, or lighter fluid within the residence hall.
KNIVES FOR COOKING - Do not bring knives for cooking to campus. Knives for use in food preparation within the community kitchen can be checked out from the residence hall service desk.
AMPLIFIED INSTRUMENTS or DRUM SETS - These items will be confiscated and you will be required to take these items home if they are seen or heard within the residence hall.
DRUGS or ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES - Any student found in possession of or using illegal drugs will be documented and adjudicated through the UNT Dallas disciplinary process.
WEAPONS or EXPLOSIVE AGENTS - The possession of any weapon including BB guns, air guns, firearms, hunting equipment, knives, martial arts tools, stun guns, paint-pellet guns, or any items of a similar nature, is prohibited in the residence hall. The use or possession of fireworks, firecrackers, or other explosives or chemicals is also prohibited.
Mailing Address, Packages, and Parking
Proper Address Format for Incoming Student Mail
All incoming mail (letters, flats, boxes, and packages) MUST be addressed as follows:
Mailbox-_ _ _ *
7250 University Hills Blvd
Dallas, TX 75241
*Your mailbox number will be assigned by Housing.
- The term P.O. BOX should never be used in your address.
- All mail is identified and sorted by your box number. All mail without a box number will be returned to the sender. DO NOT have mail addressed to your room number or residence hall name - it will not be delivered.
Resident parking permits must be purchased directly by way of the Police Department located in Founders Hall, Suite 131
As outlined in the University of North Texas at Dallas Housing Handbook, UNT Dallas assumes no responsibility over resident’s personal property while they reside on campus nor will the institution be financially responsible for damage caused to housing property by on-campus residents.
GradGuard Renter’s Insurance is a smart investment for college students and their families. With the GradGuard Renter’s Insurance plan, any personal items that are stolen or damaged by a covered cause of loss can be replaced, subject to a $100 deductible. This includes clothing, computers/laptops/tablets, smart phones, bikes, game consoles, textbooks, furniture, and more. GradGuard Renter’s Insurance also protects students financially from unintentional damage they may cause to their residence hall or bodily injury they may cause to others for which they are legally liable. With low annual rates, GradGuard Renter’s Insurance is designed for UNT Dallas students and their families.
Features of GradGuard Renter’s Insurance for the UNT Dallas students include:
· Low $100.00 Deductible. Compared to $500, $1000, or more for a typical homeowners insurance policy.
· Replacement Cost. If your personal property is stolen or damaged due to a covered peril, it will be replaced with an item of like kind and quality.
· Worldwide coverage – Your belongings are protected even outside your home. If you are traveling or your car gets broken into, GradGuard Renter’s Insurance can help cover property losses outside your residence.
· Electronics coverage – Your electronics, including your TV, laptop, smartphone and tablet are covered up to the policy limits.
· Personal Liability Coverage. If you cause damage to property or injure others, you may be liable for the damages. Renters Insurance from GradGuard provides up to $300,000 in personal liability coverage. For example, if you unintentionally set off your building’s sprinkler system, liability protection can help pay for the resulting damages.
· Alternative to Homeowners Insurance. Not all Homeowners Insurance policies are the same. Limitations may apply when property is away from the principal residence. With GradGuard Renters Insurance, personal belongings are covered whether you are on-campus, off-campus, or traveling anywhere in the world, up to the policy limits.
This is a brief description of GradGuard Renters Insurance. Please call to speak with an agent for policy specific information, including limitations and exclusions. Coverage may vary by state.
GradGuard Renters Insurance is underwritten by Markel American Insurance Company, Waukesha, WI. The advertised product is not available in AK, CT, FL, and RI. Other program options are available for these states. Claims and coverage subject to policy, language, limits and exclusions.
This information is valid as of July 2017. For the most up-to-date program information, please visit GradGuard.com